woensdag 16 juli 2008

Pinball Repair Log 17 July 2008

Yesterday I went to the wonderful Flipperwinkel, the only pinball specialized store in The Netherlands. Went to get some parts that were burnt: a solanoid, 2 transistors and a resistance.

Unfortunately it was located in Arnhem, which is quite a while from here. Fortunately I get free public transport as a student.

After a very, very long train ride and bus ride, I arrived at an industrial area in Arnhem. There was no useful plan or map around. I'd looked up on the Net how I would have to walk from the bus stop: in southeast direction, first turn left. However the first turn left wasn't the street I was looking for.
After wondering around for half an hour, I finally found the store. The man at the desk was very helpful, mounted a diode* onto the solenoid for me and recognized the transistors on sight (even though they were very burnt).
I went home.
Unfortunately it turned out one of the transistors was not the one we needed. Dad contacted the Flipperwinkel and they decided to send us the right transistor. Great!

Yesterday I spotted a potential point where the loose wires could be attached to. Hope it works out.

*Diode: Dealy: electricity can only run in one direction through these.

Geen opmerkingen: